General manager job description in restaurant: Overall Purpose
Provides leadership and direction to the restaurant operations, specifically focusing on ensuring staff are productive and that the restaurant offers the best customer service. Depending on the size of the restaurant, the incumbent must be able to manage staff, oversee customer service, and maintain relationships with suppliers and customers. They monitor inventory levels, analyze financial data, develop marketing strategies, and ensure compliance with health and safety regulations.
General manager job description in restaurant: Primary Duties
- Develops and implements strategies to increase customer experience by monitoring customer feedback and responding to complaints.
- Ensures all employees are properly trained and have the necessary skills to perform their roles effectively by providing training opportunities.
- Develops and implements strategies to improve efficiency and reduce costs by analyzing operational data.
- Oversees new staff members' recruitment, hiring, and training by creating job postings and developing training material.
- Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations by developing and implementing policies and procedures and conducting regular audits.
- Orders supplies as needed by tracking inventory levels.
- Identifies areas of improvement by analyzing financial data.
- Prepares reports on operational performance by collecting data from various sources within the restaurant operations.
- Ensures all equipment is in good working order by conducting regular maintenance checks.
- Resolves conflicts between staff members professionally by mediating disputes.
- Manages payroll for all employees by processing payroll information.
- Develops marketing strategies to promote the restaurant's services by creating promotional campaigns.
- Oversees the preparation of food orders for customers by ensuring the accuracy of orders, quality of food and service delivery.
- Ensures that all food safety regulations are followed by conducting regular inspections.
- Maintains records of sales, expenses, and inventory by tracking data.
- Develops budgets for operational costs by analyzing previous financial data and forecasting future needs.
- Manages customer accounts and billing information by entering customer information into the system.
- Oversees the maintenance of the restaurant's facilities by scheduling repairs
- Organizes special events such as promotional activities or holiday celebrations by creating event plans.
- Ensures that all employees adhere to company policies and procedures by providing training on these procedures.
- Monitors customer feedback on social media platforms by regularly checking reviews.
- Develops promotional campaigns to attract new customers through Monitors competitors' activities through market research.
- Oversees the development of new menu items through research and development initiatives.
- Develops pricing strategies for menu items through market analysis.
Related: Executive Chef Job Description
General manager job description in restaurant: Academic Qualifications
- This role's academic and professional qualifications include a bachelor's degree in business administration, hospitality management, or a related field.
- Academic qualifications are needed to ensure that General Manager has the knowledge and skills to manage the restaurant effectively.
General manager job description in restaurant: Experience Required
- Experience in restaurant management is needed to ensure that General Manager has the necessary experience to lead the staff and manage the restaurant's operations.
- Experience in customer service is needed to understand customer needs and provide excellent customer service.
- Experience in financial management is needed to analyze financial data and develop budgets for operational costs.
- Experience in marketing is needed to develop marketing strategies to promote the restaurant's services.
- Experience in inventory management is needed to monitor inventory levels and order supplies as needed.
- Experience in staff management is needed to manage staff and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Experience in health and safety regulations is needed to enable compliance with health and safety regulations.
Related: Restaurant Manager Job Description
General manager job description in restaurant: Academic Qualifications: KSAOs
- Knowledge of restaurant operations and management is needed to ensure that the restaurant is running smoothly and efficiently
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices is needed to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of financial management principles and practices is needed to analyze financial data and develop budgets for operational costs.
- Analytical skills are needed to analyze financial data, customer data, and operational performance
- Interpersonal skills are needed to manage staff and resolve conflicts effectively.
- Communication skills are needed to communicate effectively with staff, customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Negotiation skills are needed to negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Leadership skills are needed to provide direction and guidance to staff.
- The ability to develop strategies is needed to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- The ability to develop strategies is needed to increase customer satisfaction.
- The ability to develop budgets is needed for operational costs.
- The ability to develop marketing strategies is needed to promote the restaurant's services.
The general manager job description in restaurant is one of the most senior positions in a restaurant. The primary duties of this role is to run a profitable restaurant business by overseeing all restaurant operations. As a result, the duties and responsibilities for such a role must be clear to hire the right person.