The Anglo American Zimbabwe Companies Chairman’s Fund provides financial assistance to talented undergraduate students from disadvantaged economic backgrounds. The Fund is wholly funded by various Anglo American Platinum subsidiaries in Zimbabwe and abroad including the local operations of Unki Mines (Private) Limited. In this vein, it is our pleasure to announce that the Fund is offering 21 (twenty one) full undergraduate scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic year.
In order to be eligible for consideration, applicants should be enrolled on a full time basis in their second academic year of study. In addition, the applicants must be studying towards a bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields:
UNIVERSITY OF ZIMBABWE
- Mining Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
MIDLANDS STATE UNIVERSITY
- Human Resources Management
- Geography and Environmental Studies
NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil and Water Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Environmental Studies
- Finance and Accounting
The scholarships are renewable annually until completion of studies on satisfactory fulfilment of renewal requirements. A scholarship agreement will be executed between the student and the Fund. Scholarships include tuition, room, board, travel and book expenses. Selection is based on a financial needs analysis as well as demonstrated academic excellence. An Upper Second (2.1) or higher grade is required in at least 80% of all official first year courses for the undergraduate programme in which the applicant is enrolled. Please ensure that you meet all requirements for applying for this award.
Interested applicants should apply by email to The Secretary, Anglo American Zimbabwe Companies Chairman’s Fund, and provide the following documents:
- Cover letter: Please attach a cover letter and include two references.
- Autobiographical Essay: It should focus on personal, educational and professional parts of your life and demonstrate financial need. It should be approximately 500 words in length, typed and double spaced in legible font.
- Transcripts: Submit official transcripts of ‘O’ Level and ‘A’ Level results and post-secondary school studies to date, including explanations of the grading systems. Information should be in chronological order.
- Cost Estimates: A schedule of estimated expenses for the 2021-2022 academic year including tuition, room, board, travel and book expenses. Invoices and other relevant information may be requested for purposes of clarifying represented costs. Please note that the scholarship amount awarded shall be at the discretion of the Fund.
- I.D & Birth Certificate: Certified Copy of your I.D. and Birth Certificate.
Submission of Applications
Applications to be submitted by close of business on Friday, 18 June 2021 to the following email address:
All documents to be in PDF format.
A member of the Anglo American plc group
NB! Responses will only be sent to applicants who are invited to attend selection interviews. Applicants who are not contacted within 21 days after the closing date should consider themselves to have been unsuccessful.
View Nicholas Mushayi's full profile