This report is on a survey that was carried out to see how often companies verify the qualifications of the different individuals they hire for work. A total of 121 participants from different sectors of industry in Zimbabwe participated.
Summary of Key Findings
- 94% of the participating organisations across all sectors verify candidate qualifications by requesting candidates to bring original certificates. Only 6% of the organisations do not verify candidate qualifications.
- 75% of the participating organisations do not verify candidate qualifications with the awarding institutions before or even after offering a candidate a job.
- 40.34% of participating organisation only get to verify with awarding institutions when there are suspicions of forgery whereas 34.45% never get to verify with awarding institutions during and after time of hiring. 25.21% of the participating organisations verify qualifications with awarding institutions.
- 24.58% of the participating organisations have encountered cheating scenarios in terms of qualification.
- 0.8% of the organisations that participated have encountered cases of individuals that did not perform as their qualification certificates were suggesting.
- Medical and Motoring services have had the highest number of cheating scenarios as the Fast-Moving Consumer Goods, Church and Construction industry recorded no scenarios of cheating and forgery
A questionnaire with a total of 6 questions was designed and then distributed via email through an online platform called survey monkey. Data obtained was then analysed.
Download the PDF Number of Downloads (18) Download the infographic
View IPC Team's full profile