Home Depot offers employees an additional 10% discount on all regular-priced merchandise. Home Depot discounts for employees are available to employees and their immediate family members. The home depot discounts for employees can vary depending on your job title and the Home Depot location, and some vendors may offer up to 30% off specific items. Home Depot does not currently offer standard home depot discounts for employees on purchases, but they have a website that lets employees purchase stuff at a discount.
Both part-time and full-time workers receive a discount on most regular-priced store purchases, including tools, appliances, home improvement products, and more. Select home depot discounts for employees are also offered on GE appliances, stock purchases, home security systems, cargo van leases, and through the Perks at Work program. The core 10% store home depot discount applies to all employees, while additional benefits typically require full-time status. Home Depot aims to reward workers at every level through incentives to save money and support their work and home needs. The combination of discounts, benefits, and competitive pay make Home Depot an attractive employer for many.
Protip: Get A Professionally Done Resume That Beats The ATS and Attracts Recruiters' Attention, By Resumeble. Resumeble Can Also Help You With LinkedIn Profile Writing, CV Writing, Cover Letter and Others Services That Can Help You Land Your Next Job
Examples of Home Depot Discounts for Employees
Employee Discounts: Home Depot employees are eligible for a 10% discount on all in-store purchases. This discount can also be used online by logging into the employee portal and clicking the discount link.
Friends and Family Discounts: Home Depot employees can also extend their home depot discounts for employees to friends and family members. According to Lancerbee, the discount is valid for up to 15 people and can only be used on in-store purchases.
Pro Xtra Loyalty Program: This program is designed for professionals who shop at Home Depot regularly. Employees can sign up for the program and receive additional home depot discounts for employees and benefits for themselves and their customers.
Tools - Hand tools, power tools, tool storage, tool sets, and more. The discount applies to brands like DeWalt, Milwaukee, Makita, and Rigid.
Hardware - Fasteners, screws, nails, anchors, fittings, and other hardware items.
Building materials - Lumber, plywood, decking materials, insulation, siding, and other building supplies.
Electrical - Wiring, cables, light fixtures, switches, outlets, and other parts and accessories.
Plumbing - Pipes, fittings, valves, faucets, shower heads, and plumbing supplies.
Lawn and garden - Garden hoses, sprinklers, soil amendments, fertilizers, tools, and equipment.
Kitchen and bath - Cabinets, sinks, toilets, flooring, lighting, faucets, and other renovation supplies.
Home décor - Paint, wallpaper, window treatments, and accessories. Most paint and some wall coverings are included.
Appliances - Major appliances like refrigerators, dishwashers, and ovens are typically excluded from the discount. But small appliances are usually included.
Millwork - Closet organizers, shelving, storage products, and lumber for DIY projects.
The home depot discounts for employees cover most regular-priced items in the store. However, there are exclusions for certain high-value products like major appliances, power tools, and some exclusive brands. There may also be some corporate policies around reselling discounted items for profit.
But in general, the home depot discounts for employees can be applied to most tools, hardware, building materials, and home improvement supplies available in-store and online at The Home Depot.
- Check your pay stub. Your home depot discounts for employees' amount will likely be listed under "employee discount" or something similar on your pay stub. .Glassdoor reviews show that typical discounts range from 15% to 20% off most items.
- Ask your store manager. If you're unsure of the exact home depot discounts for employees', speak with the store manager or assistant store manager.
- Create an account on The Home Depot's website. To use your discount online, you'll need to create an account. According to the Home Depot Associate Benefits website, during account setup, you'll be prompted for your employee ID number, which Home Depot will use to verify your employment and apply the appropriate discount.
- Check with HR or call customer service. If you still can't determine your discount amount after checking your pay stub and talking to store management, Human Resources or the customer service line should be able to provide details on your specific discount. According to Indeed reviews, Home Depot has helpful customer service.
- Know the terms. Your employee discount has some rules, like only applying to in-stock items and generally not combining with other offers. According to the Home Depot Associate Benefits website, you should familiarize yourself with the discount terms to avoid any issues when purchasing.
Related: Tesla Discounts for Employees
Who is eligible for the Home Depot discounts for employees?
Both part-time and full-time Home Depot employees are eligible for the core 10% employee discount on most store purchases. All part-time and full-time Home Depot employees, including hourly and salaried employees, qualify for the 10% discount. The discount applies to purchases made for personal use, not for reselling. The discount can be used both during and after employment with Home Depot as long as the employee leaves the company on good terms.
Related: Target Employee Discounts
How to access the Home Depot discounts for employees
To access Home Depot discounts for employees and benefits, here are the steps:
1. Get your associate number: When you start working at Home Depot, you'll be assigned an associate number. This number identifies you as an employee and allows you to access the discount. If applicable, your associate number will also give you access to benefits like health insurance and retirement plans.
2. Apply for a Home Depot Rewards account: Employees should create a Home Depot Rewards account to access their discount. When creating the account, enter your associate number and verify your identity.
3. Link your associate number to your Rewards account: Once you create your Rewards account, visit the "My Account" section and link your associate number. This will activate your employee discount.
4. Show your associate ID badge when making purchases. When checking out in-store, show your Home Depot ID badge and Rewards account phone number. The cashier will apply your discount automatically.
5. Sign in to HomeDepot.com with your associate number: When purchasing online at HomeDepot.com, sign in with your associate number. Your 10% discount will then be applied at checkout.
6. Ask your store manager or HR team any questions: They can help you apply your discount correctly and access other benefits you're entitled to as a Home Depot employee.
Frequently asked questions about Home Depot discounts for employees
Here are some frequently asked questions about Home Depot discounts for employees:
Do part-time employees get a 10% discount?
Yes, part-time and full-time Home Depot employees are eligible for the 10% discount on most store purchases.
Does the discount apply to online purchases?
Yes, the 10% discount for employees can also be used on purchases made through Home Depot's website, HomeDepot.com.
Are there any exceptions to the discount?
Yes, some major appliances, select power tools, and certain exclusive brands are typically excluded from the employee discount.
Full-time employees qualify for benefits like health insurance, paid time off, 401(k) plans, tuition reimbursement, and access to an employee assistance program. Part-timers typically only get the 10% store discount.
How do I apply my discount when checking out?
Show your employee ID badge to the cashier and provide your Home Depot Rewards account phone number. The 10% discount will then be automatically applied at checkout.
Can I use my discount after leaving Home Depot?
Yes, as long as you left the company on good terms, you can continue to use the 10% discount for personal purchases even after your employment ends.
Is there a limit on how much I can save with the discount?
No, there are no limits on the amount you can save using your Home Depot discount for employees. There are also no blackout dates when the discount is unavailable.
In conclusion, Home Depot discounts for employees, especially the core 10% store discount for part-timers and full-timers, represent an important benefit that can significantly enhance the value of working for the company.