UKRI NERC Independent Research Fellowship Program 2022
Through an Independent Research Fellowship (IRF), NERC will invest in researchers seeking to conduct their own environmental research within an eligible host organization.
Strong applicants will demonstrate convincing evidence of working towards this goal and a high potential to become independent research leaders in the future. Applicants will demonstrate that, if awarded an IRF, they will be working independently of senior colleagues with whom they might have previously collaborated or for whom they might be working currently in a supporting role.
- Open to applicants who hold a PhD qualification or expect to submit their PhD thesis before the fellowship interview takes place in March 2023.
- Individuals demonstrating an upward track to pursue working independently and developing research leadership are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should not apply if they currently hold a tenured academic post or academic position at lecturer level (or equivalent position).
October 11, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) on je-s.rcuk.ac.uk to apply
You can find advice on completing your application in the:
IMF Youth Fellowship Program for Young People Worldwide 2022
The 2022 IMF Youth Fellowship Program gives young participants the chance to join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the world's economic difficulties and become a part of the global efforts to build a better future. In order to improve their knowledge and communication skills, to share their opinions on the current economic environment, participants will have virtual access to the IMF Annual Meetings and take part in virtual training led by IMF experts and development professionals. The training will center on addressing inclusive growth, food insecurity, inflation, and climate change while constructing a better future for youth.
- Ages between 20-35
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following:
- Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
- Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
- Content creation and/or contributing to independent platforms
- Knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics, and development issues, particularly on inclusive economic growth, food security, inflation, and climate change
- Students or graduates in the fields of international relations, development, communications, journalism, economics, or related fields
- Basic knowledge of English (for the training program and annual meeting coverage)
August 20, 2022
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to the International Monetary Fund on web.cvent.com to apply.
For more details, visit the IMF website.