Summary of Key Findings:
- The adverse impact of COVID 19 on the economy and employee standard of living is evident.
- On average, all employees are left with 22% of net income after accounting for living expenses.
- The worse affected groups are the Officer/Professional level, Senior Manager and NEC staff.
- For the NEC employees, a large part of their earnings goes to food and rentals.
- For the senior managers, a large part of the earnings goes to rent and schools fees.
- For Officer/Professional level employees, a large part of the earnings goes to rent, schools and food.
- To alleviate the suffering of NEC levels staff, it may assist if employers offer food hampers and adjust housing allowances in line with prevailing market rentals.
- To alleviate the earnings mismatch at Officer/Professional level, any assistance with rentals, schools, and food would go a long way.
- For senior managers, any assistance with rentals and schools would assist them in covering the gap between earnings and living expenses.
Download the PDF Number of Downloads (157) Download the infographic
View IPC Team's full profile