In the current world, digital technology, such as artificial intelligence, is influencing workflow and jobs in almost every industry. However, some businesses that want to deploy employees encounter a significant challenge of keeping their employees up-to-date and well-versed with the new trends in the market.
Also, they may need help finding an individual who knows the industry and new technology while recruiting. For this reason, employers must rethink their staff development and talent recruitment strategies for the better.
One way they can achieve this is through apprenticeship programs. It is an opportunity that offers hand on experience apart from off-the-job training. Thus, there's less struggle regarding employee transition to work Nillumbik.
Some of the things that employers need to know about apprenticeships include the following:
Granted that the worker is above 16 years old, they qualify for an apprenticeship opportunity. While many believe these programs are better for young people who have just graduated, any person at any career level is qualified to start the program. That is especially true if they're seeking to upskill into a better position or want to change to another job.
Apprenticeships can help facilitate this transition by getting workers the training they need for the role they'd like to practice. Plus, they get hand on experience to help build their knowledge and skills in that particular segment. Depending on the organization, employees can take one to six years to complete the apprenticeship program. They have to spend about 20% of their working hours on training.
Although the government funds most apprenticeship programs, businesses and employees must handle apprentices with utmost respect and care. They shouldn't treat them any differently from other regular team members.
There are immense advantages to recruiting an apprentice to your organization. Besides bringing new skills, they help bring value to your business. Thus, this can boost your overall organizational performance since they're well-versed in handling different tasks at work.
Also, another thing about apprenticeships is that you don't have to spend your own money to train your workers because the government facilitates that. Hence, you only need to sacrifice time and allow your employees to grow for the better of your organization.
Moreover, the program can be an exciting opportunity for you and the apprentice, regardless of whether they've been in your organization for a while or are new. They can see how interested you are in investing in their career growth which can make them feel valued and appreciated.
In the long run, they'll strive to do their best to boost your organization's performance because of their motivation. Also, you'll have better relations with your workers as they feel a sense of belonging while at the firm.
Moreover, apart from apprenticeships offering an individual's talent growth and skills relevant to the organization, it helps produce quality goods and services. Thus, this enables the organization gains a competitive advantage in the market.
3. Creating And Finding These Services
Many people search for apprentice opportunities daily, meaning that it's something that's in high demand. As discussed earlier, this depicts that it brings the right skills to the business. As long as a person is out of school, they can be part of an apprenticeship program. That said, here are more things to know about creating and finding apprenticeship opportunities:
- First, you need to open an apprenticeship service account to hire an apprentice.
- You can find the most appropriate apprenticeship training course and provider with the account.
- You may also create an apprenticeship opportunity through the account.
- Creating and displaying adverts is easy with the new application programming interface.
- You can supervise the apprenticeship program or hire someone to help you.
Aside from the apprentice being 16 years old or above, different states have other specifications. For example, in England, the individual should be living in the same country and shouldn't be pursuing any full-time education.
Other ways to find apprentices apart from having the account include:
- Holding open days
- Visiting universities, colleges, and schools
- Social media advertising
With these options, you can get apprentices for your organization's training.
4. Choosing The Right Training Provider
As an employer, it's essential to know that there are many apprenticeship programs that you can choose from. Thus, it would be best if you were careful about the details you consider before getting apprenticeship training in your organization. They include the following:
- If the training is suited to meet your business needs and goals based on the courses offered
- The qualifications and experience of the trainers
- Duration which the program will take
- If the government fully funds the training
- What other employers and apprentices are saying about the training providers
- The skills assessment tests that the trainers will use after the program
The idea is to get the most value from the apprenticeship program to help boost your business growth. Hence you need to know a few essential things about what the program will entail.
5. The Training Process
Once you've outsourced the training provider, they will enlighten you on the part they're going to play. There are two types of training that you need to be well aware of as an employer:
- On-the-job training: In this training, you, as the employer, guide your team members. Thus, you're mandated to train and supervise your apprentice to enable them to work on the job you called them for.
- Off the job: This program is provided by the training provider during the trainees working hours. The training can happen online, at college, or at work. Some people prefer having one-on-one sessions at home with their coach, which is still a viable option. It's important to note that not all training sessions happen daily; others happen once a week.
The training will help equip your employees with the skills, behaviors, and knowledge necessary for their job success. You can agree with the training provider on the required apprenticeship standards to help your workers gain occupational competence.
Apprenticeship is a program that offers both job training and hands-on experience. Every employer must know these things about these programs: the eligible candidates, the training process, essential qualifications when choosing the training provider, and its benefits. An apprenticeship training from a renowned organization guarantees quality and well-skilled employees who'll help boost your organizational productivity and performance. Hence, you'll be outstanding among many organizations in the market.