Industrial Psychology Consultants (Pvt) Ltd surveyed employees to assess the Remuneration Benefits that employees in Zimbabwe prefer. The survey targeted employees from companies in all sectors in Zimbabwe. The survey comprised 812 participants from 16 sectors in Zimbabwe
- The survey comprised 812 participants representing 16 sectors in Zimbabwe.
- The highest number of participants was from the Manufacturing sector (16%), and the least number of participants came from the Real Estate (1%) sector.
- In the survey, (66%) of the participants were men while 34% were women.
- Medical Aid Contribution (69%), Transport allowance (46%), Pension (54%) and Cell phone Allowance (54%) are the most common benefits that the participants are currently receiving in their respective organizations with Domestic workers (1%) and Sign-on bonus (1%) being the least type of benefits currently received.
- There is a significant statistical relationship between the current benefits employees receive and their satisfaction level.
- Over 64% (average) of employees receiving Medical Aid contributions and Pension benefits are satisfied with their employment at different organizations.
- Medical Aid Contribution (93%), Pension (81%), Performance Bonus (80%), 13th Cheque (80%), and Housing Loan (79%) are the top 5 most preferred benefits.
- Domestic Workers (43%), Domestic Allowance (35%), and Company Bus (Available to employees) (30%) are benefits that are least preferred.
- There is a significant relationship between the benefits employees prefer and their employment level.
- Performance Bonus is most preferred by Executives (83%) and Senior Managers (82%), whilst it is lower for Middle Managers, Professional, and NEC levels.
- Pension is most preferred by NEC (87%) and Middle Managers (83%). For Executives, Pension is not preferred much (71%).
- There is no significant relationship between the benefits employees prefer and their gender.
- Females prefer the 13th Cheque (86%) compared to males who prefer the Performance Bonus (80%).
- There is a significant relationship between the benefits employees prefer and the industry they work in.