The concept of time management has become increasingly important with a massive shift in work style. With so many distractions at every turn, it’s easy to lose track of how much time every individual is spending on each task. Consequently, your employees might be working longer than they should, leading to burnout.
With all this in mind, you need to monitor time and attendance in the workplace. Doing so helps you ensure that everyone is taking breaks at the right time, working within their allotted hours and keeping their productivity up. Thus, you must invest in a time and attendance system, such as Egress-sys.co.uk that provides insights regarding employee attendance and progress.
That said, you must read this guide to discover the benefits and learn some viable tips for implementing this system in your company.
Benefits Of Having A Time And Attendance Software
Once you start incorporating an innovative time and attendance system in your workplace, you may enjoy these four benefits:
- Maximizing Team Productivity: This software allows you to track employee productivity and see where there are opportunities for improvement. Aside from that, this technology can also improve your business processes by automating repetitive tasks. Instead of wasting time and effort on these tasks, your staff can focus on vital responsibilities, such as managing customers or improving customer service. Additionally, the software offers robust time and attendance tracking capabilities, ensuring accurate records of when employees are on duty. This feature not only aids in payroll management but also helps in identifying patterns and optimizing staffing schedules for peak efficiency. Furthermore, the real-time analytics provided by the software empower managers with valuable insights to make informed decisions for the continuous improvement of business operations.
- Eliminating Time Sheet Fraud: This system allows you to track the hours worked by each employee so that you can accurately pay them for the hours they worked. Ensuring that your employees are paid accurately will give them peace of mind and make them more loyal to your company.
In addition, you can reduce any discrepancies between what was reported as worked versus what was performed. Doing so saves you from having to pay back wages or legal fees if a former employee files a lawsuit against you for unpaid wages.
- Managing Compensation For Holidays: The holidays are a time for celebration and spending time with family. However, it can also be a stressful time of the year for employers who must balance the demands of their company and the needs of their staff. Without this innovative system, you might not be able to send them holiday pay and schedule vacation days.
An automated solution makes it easier to record holiday hours accurately by automatically calculating them based on your company’s rules regarding paid time off. Instead of going through manual calculations, you can save time while ensuring everyone receives the correct amount.
- Reducing Payroll Processing Errors: Calculating work hours and revenue per employee on a given week is prone to mistakes. This incident occurs because this information isn’t always readily available at the exact location where payroll is processed.
With automated systems, employees punch into their computers before starting work and leave at the end of their shift. This technology stores their data in one place to enable easy access when it’s time for payroll processing.
Tips For Implementing A Time And Attendance System
You can only receive these benefits if you know how to implement time and attendance solutions effectively. Thus, here are four strategies for leveraging this system within your company:
1. Reduce Your Timecards From Monthly To Hourly
Most companies use monthly time cards because they want to make the payroll process more accurate. However, you can only achieve this concept by using the hourly method and not having to worry about over or under-reporting hours.
By implementing hourly time cards in your time and attendance system, you can see how much each employee works during the week. As a result, you can quickly determine who needs additional training and who doesn’t require much supervision. Besides that, you can allow your workers to spend more time with their families by enabling them to work on their projects ahead of time during working hours.
2. Enable Mobile Accessibility
When you implement a remote workforce, they can benefit from the convenience of being able to clock in and out using their mobile devices. With mobile accessibility, you can increase team productivity by ensuring that all your employees are on time for their shifts. For example, if an employee has a doctor’s appointment one day but needs to work late another day, you can easily adjust their work hours accordingly.
To make your system accessible for everyone, you must ensure that your mobile app is compatible with any devices your employees may use. Next, ensure all menus and buttons are clearly labelled with text or icons and avoid using tiny font sizes to promote inclusivity. After that, you should remember that all employees must be able to access the time and attendance data they need from any location.
3. Eliminate The Need For Paper Signatures
With the growing trend of paperless signatures, it’s time to adopt this process in your time and attendance system. Paperless signature technology will allow a more efficient process by eliminating the need to print, sign, and scan documents. Once you do so, employees can sign their time-sheets right from their phones.
Aside from your time and attendance solutions, you must also invest in a paperless signature app. This technology allows your staff to sign documents using their fingertip or stylus on the screen of their smartphone or tablet. This feature makes it easy to sign documents without carrying around a pen and paper.
4. Reward Perfect Attendance
The benefits of rewarding an employee for their perfect attendance goes beyond the financial incentive. This initiative helps create a positive work culture where your employees want to work hard and show up every day because the company recognizes their efforts. In addition, your employees will see your company as one that values hard work. As a result, you’ll see a decrease in employee absenteeism and a rise in the retention of valuable employees within your organization.
Once a worker has achieved three consecutive weeks of perfect attendance, you can award them with a gift card to a café or restaurant. However, you must ensure not to limit how many times people can receive this reward to motivate them to do it again. Similarly, you may hold an award ceremony when someone gets close to one year of perfect attendance.
As a business owner, your responsibility is to protect your company from time-sheet fraud. The best way to do so is by using a time and attendance solution. By doing this, you can remain compliant with payroll laws while retaining your top talent in the organization.