Some coaches prefer players who will just do whatever he tells them to. It’s like, if you’re at school with a load of 10-year-old boys and you tell them to jump, everyone will start to jump. But the intelligent boy will ask, ‘Why should I jump? Why?’ That can be difficult for a lot of coaches, and I understand that.
In this article, you are going to see some of Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s inspirational quotes. As the reader, you must take time on each statement and try to figure out what does it mean in your real-life situation as well as in business. As for me, they changed me a lot and gave me a strong mentality and the desire to challenge myself.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a Swedish professional footballer who plays as a forward for AC Milan a giant club in Italy’s first division (Serie A). He was also a member of the Sweden national team for 16 years (2001 to 2016), serving as captain from 2010 until his retirement. Primarily a striker, he is a prolific goalscorer, who is best known for his technique, creativity, strength, ability in the air, and his powerful and accurate striking ability. As of May 2017, he is the second-most decorated active footballer in the world, having won 33 trophies in his career.
Before you read about his motivational quotes, here is what happened to him in 2017.
- When Zlatan got a serious injury at the age of 36 in 2017 at Manchester United, medical doctors said the career is over, he will not play again. He went on Twitter and posted “impossible is nothing”. He recovered and went to play for LA Galaxy in America which is a much easier league where most players go when they are about to retire but his motivation was to re-discover his form. His performance was amazing as he netted 51 goals and provided 18 assists in 50 games. As we speak (2021) at the age of 39 he is playing in Europe’s third-best league and has the best return on goals in the league with 10 in 6 games.
Here are some of Zlatan’s inspirational quotes.
- “I think I am difficult to satisfy, because when I win something, I’m already thinking about the next step, and that is maybe a problem for me. I’m not enjoying the moment. I’m already on the mission to win the next trophy.
- “I decide my future. I decide what I want to do. Nobody else. If I decide this will be my last year, maybe it is. If I decide it will be my last contract, I decide that. Nobody else. So I will decide when the moment is there."
- “When people criticize me, instead of putting my head down, it gives me the energy to do even more.”
- “If you are too nice, you will just get eaten alive. The football world is not always a nice place.”
- “That’s my hunger. If I start to relax, and I lose that, then I had better stop my football. I need that hunger. I still feel I need to do things 10 times better than other players. Just to be accepted and to improve myself.”
- “I had time with my mother, but I really lived with my father. One time he gave all his salary so I could travel to a training camp. He couldn’t pay the rent, but he did that.”
- “I wish anyone in this world could go to his fridge and pick whatever he wants. Because the day you open your fridge and there is nothing in it, it is difficult.”
- “I always want to become better. If never being satisfied is a problem, then I have it. At least it’s a good problem.”
- “When I went to Juventus, I was young, but in training, I had legends like Fabio Cannavaro and Lilian Thuram marking me. I had to work hard to get my respect.”
- “I can play in the eleven positions because a good player can play anywhere.”
- “When you buy me, you are buying a Ferrari. If you drive a Ferrari, you put premium petrol in the tank, you hit the motorway, and you step on the gas.”