Showing complete job profile
Insurance - Harare
Wanted is a Operations Executive to join an organisation in the Insurance sector in Harare . Candidates invited to apply.
Salary: Not specified Applications Received: 9 Job Posted: 2020-10-27 05:05:09 Job Deadline: 2020-11-26 Job Status: Placement
Years of Experience: 7
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing the corporate vision and coming up with strategies to achieve the short term, medium-term and long terms goals.
- Preparation and presentation of Company’s Budget and operational reports including the development and implementation of the Company’s business plan.
- Developing business performance measures and apply these to monitor, analyze and control performance.
- Business development and marketing the Company’s products to clients.
- Managing and growing the Company’s business portfolio in line with set objectives.
- Management and supervision of all operations of the Company
- Human resource management and development.
- Ensure that the company brand is highly visible and always held in high esteem.
- Scanning the local and external business environment for possible growth areas.
- Expense/Cost management.
- Client Relationship Management, Claims Management, Budget and variance reports preparations
JOB KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED
- Expert knowledge of operational systems, work-flow processes and policies in support of client service expectations, continuous improvement and overall efficiency
- Expert understanding of management reporting, information flow and organizational planning
- Expert knowledge in the use of the Afrinet system for all policy transactions to effectively drive accuracy and process efficiency
- Working knowledge of budgeting development process and budget management
- Working knowledge of business planning process to support short and medium-term department planning
- Working knowledge of competitive rating and product development processes across all lines of business
- Expert knowledge of all classes of short term insurance
- Expert competency in reading and interpreting all policy wordings relevant to all short term insurance products.
- Expert knowledge of the insurance market anatomy
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Co-Ordination of Broking Team Service Activities
Renewals / Service Programme
- Supervise the team’s renewal and servicing programme and ensure that this is implemented and adhered to.
Allocation of Clients between Team Staff
- The team workload to be reviewed as an on-going process and matched to available resources.
- Be aware of all major outstanding claims and to monitor progress towards settlement and where necessary be directly involved in the resolution of same.
- Monitor all major claims repudiations and where necessary participate in the negotiation and settlement of same.
- Ensure that all major claims are reported to the Managing Director timeously and that the team’s database of claims is continuously updated.
- Ensure that a monthly claims audit system is in place.
- Monitor the team’s ex-gratia requests and maintain ex-gratia register which is to be available for inspection by the Managing Director from time to time.
Errors and Omissions
- Any potential error and omission claim is to be reported to the Managing Director immediately.
Technical Training / Assistance
- Train/assist staff on technical issues on an on-going basis.
- To expeditiously deal with complaints received directly from clients.
2. Credit Control
- To supervise and ensure that all Debit notes, Fee note and Credit Notes are raised on time and before the cut of date provided each month.
- To ensure that all premiums are collected timeously.
- Conduct broking credit control meetings weekly.
- To ensure that there are no unallocated receipts at any given time. All premiums to be allocated in the month of receipt.
3. New Products
- Ensure that all staff is aware of new products developed/marketed by the Broking Divisions.
- Identify and develop new products
4. Marketing / New Business
- Identify new business opportunities on an on-going basis.
- Compilation and presentation of new business reports to prospective clients.
- Monitor the Team’s performance against its new business budget.
5. Budgeting / Forecasting / Finance
- Preparation and submission for the Company’s budgets and profit forecasts.
- Monitor income and expense variances within the Team and provide reasons for variances
- Draw operations reports as and when required – this also involves reports that may be required for financial reporting, audit or regulatory compliance purposes.
6. Quality Standards
- Ensure compliance by the Team with Quality Standards and Business Procedure as prescribed by the Business Procedures manuals and Quality Standards
- Assist as required in reviewing, developing and amending Quality Standards and Business Procedures manuals.
- Oversee and assist in any Internal Audit systems, procedures and exercises as required.
- Ensure both personal and Team staff compliance with the Organization’s Codes of Conduct.
7. Human Resources / Staff Management / Training
- Identify training needs and facilitate training for staff in conjunction with the Human Resources Division.
- Where necessary/appropriate be responsible for
- - recommending recruiting staff
- - recommending rewards for staff
- - encouraging professional qualifications within the Team
- Strive for common standard throughout the team in regards to human resource management and development.
- Develop and reinforce the Organization’s objective of staff cross-functionality.
8. Information Technology / Information Systems Initiatives
- To actively be involved in IT and IS projects as and when required.
9. Internal Communications
- Enhance communications within the Team and other units.
10. External Communications / Market Liaison
- Ensure effective communication and working relationships between the team and underwriting companies and other service providers for example assessors, premium financiers etc…
11. Promotions / Client Entertainment
- To participate in all promotions/client entertainment initiatives as and when required.
12. Any other duties as assigned by your superiors
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Insurance from a recognized university
- IIZ/ IISA / CII Associateship or any equivalent qualification
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE
- 7 years of technical and supervisory experience
- Technical Knowledge and Understanding
- Report Writing & Presentation
- Interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Login first to apply
Download Job Advert
- Sales & Service Orientation - Committed to serving and satisfying the needs of the external and internal members/clients through the delivery of superior value while building, strengthening and maintaining long-term relationships.
- Continuous Learning - Demonstrates the desire to continually grow, learn and develop skills and knowledge through external and internal education, training and cross-training opportunities to maximize personal contribution to the organizational goals and on-going career development.
- Organizational Effectiveness - Ability to understand the organization’s strategic direction, how decisions impact the business, and how to strive to improve organizational performance.
- Ethical Behaviour - Ability to demonstrate integrity, credibility, confidentiality and responsibility in all member/client interactions.
- Communication - Demonstrates the ability to receive and understand information, and respond verbally or in writing when interacting with others
- Functional Excellence - Demonstrates the knowledge and technical expertise of products and processes and their use in delivering quality member/client services
- People Management- Building a partnership with employees by providing leadership, a positive work environment and coaching, to individuals and teams to achieve organizational goals.